i of the mourning

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

THEFUTUREEMBRACE

Corgan embraces the 'Future' on solo debut
By Jonathan Cohen, Reuters


NEW YORK (Billboard) - Former Smashing Pumpkins/Zwan leader Billy Corgan has wrapped work on his solo debut, "THEFUTUREEMBRACE," to be released June 21 via Warner Bros.
The first single to be released to U.S. radio outlets will be "Walking Shade," while Corgan will embark on his first solo tour of intimate venues beginning in July.
The 11-track set includes a cover of the Bee Gees' "To Love Somebody" that features the Cure's Robert Smith on backing vocals. Former Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin is behind the kit on "DIA," returning the favor of Corgan's recent appearance on his Sanctuary solo debut, "Life Begins Again."
"Many people assume when I do more progressive work that I am trying to move away from something, when honestly what I am trying to do is get closer to who I really am," Corgan says of the upcoming album. "I tried to sum up all my feelings about my life and the world around me in the most beautiful ways I could dream up. It is easy to be negative, and much harder to find that silver lining behind the clouds of modern society."
While working on the album, Corgan also wrote a volume of poetry, "Blinking With Fists," which reached the New York Times' best-seller list.
Here is the track list for "THEFUTUREEMBRACE":

"All Things Change"
"Mina Loy (M.O.H.)"
"TheCameraEye"
"To Love Somebody"
"A100"
"DIA"
"Now (And Then)"
"I'm Ready"
"Walking Shade"
"Sorrows (in blue)"
"Pretty, pretty STAR"
"Strayz"
:: posted by ian_casanas, 7:18 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment